Blackjack Switch - Variation to Know
Blackjack Switch casino card game is a very interesting blackjack variation which possesses a few serious rule twists.
Firstly it's a switch decision which is okay for a player in the blackjack game under consideration. Then we may point out a dealer 22 points push-hand and even money blackjack combination payment (3:2 is a usual rate).
In addition Blackjack Switch provides a very little house edge rates.
As we see, this variant of standard blackjack is a very attractive for a player as well as European blackjack or Pontoon. And so it is - a lot of blackjack enthusiasts prefer this very game and consider it as a favorite one.
BLACKJACK SWITCH RULES
- The Blackjack Switch card game is primarily based on standard blackjack card game rules;
- 6 or 8 decks form a shoe;
- The dealer hits on his soft 17;
- The cards are placed face-up;
- The dealer blackjack + the player blackjack = push;
- If the dealer hole card is an Ace or 10 he may look at his second card;
- The switch decision is applied to the second card of the player hand only. E.g. your 1st hand consists of 7 and 5 and the 2nd one is 10 and 7. Thus you may only switch 5 and 7 and achieve hands totaling 14 and 15.
- If the player gets his blackjack after the switch decision then it counts as 21;
- Double down is okay for both player cards;
- Double down is okay after split decision;
- Max 4 hands re-split is available;
- Blackjack pays even money;
- The dealer 22 points provides a push against the player 21 or less;
- The player blackjack beats the dealer one.
The house edge of Blackjack switch card game numbers 0.58%. In the list below you can find some effects on the rates of house edge:
- 8-deck shoe: + 0.02%
- Switched Blackjack automatically wins: - 0.40%
- Any Blackjack automatically wins: - 0.21%
- The dealer stands with his soft 17: - 0.30%
BLACKJACK SWITCH BASIC STRATEGY
In the tables below we present the basic Blackjack Switch strategy mechanism after a switch decision.
H = Hit; S = Stand; D = Double; SP = Split.